Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butterfly Themed Birthday Party

Miss 5 year old had a great time celebrating her birthday with her friends this past weekend. As promised here are some photos of her party decor.  

  Invitations I created.  Digital version can be purchased in my Etsy Shop here.


Tissue poms and cut out butterflies hung above the table.

To carry out the theme and mimic the invitation I added these adorable edible waffer butterflies I purchased from Modern Luxe on Etsy.  I made the butterfly pennant that is on top of the cake.

I cleaned and scrubbed Starbuck frappuccino bottles for the beverages.  The adorable polka dot confetti straws are from Hey YoYo.  I added a butterfly to them to add to the theme.

We kept the food simple since we all know how preschoolers like to eat.  Birthday girl helped me to cut out butterfly shaped sandwiches and cheese slices.  We also served vanilla yogart in small waffle bowls with fresh strawberries and blueberries on top.

I brought a variety of colored little buckets at Target that we filled with party favors.  A favorite was a wind up butterfly that fluttered its wings - Maddie was proud of that find.

3 comments:

  1. How did you create the butterfly swag? Did you use a template?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I drew a template on the computer and used that to trace them on the patterned paper. Let me know if you would like me to send that pattern to you.

    ReplyDelete